Reporting to the production manager, this role operates the equipment associated with running a production line of shock pads used in the installation of artificial turf systems for sports applications.
Duties and responsibilities
• shreds foam mixtures as determined by product mixes and quality plan;
• cuts bailing wires in a safe manner;
• disposes of bailing wires and non-useable materials;
• loads shredder conveyor with waste foam;
• operates shredder conveyor;
Foam dispensing Department
• loads fabric onto machine;
• monitors mixture of foam to meet work order;
• monitors eva levels to meet work order specifications;
• monitors bin levels for operational line.
• checks levels of foam dispensed to ensure consistency with specifications as provided by work order.
• operates dispenser station variable frequency drives (vfds).
Roll up Department
• disposes of saw trimmings;
• monitors roll up;
• monitors saw operation.
• provides quality control of finished product and reports back to production supervisor on any issues that may need further investigation.
• straps and labels rolls.
• works in conjunction with the lift truck operator to remove rolls or product once completed.
• checks oven operation to ensure proper gas modulation and temperature.
• measures thickness of product to ensure it meets work orders.
• other supporting duties may include
• loading and unloading of trucks
• moving of r/m and f/g
• other tasks needed for quality or productivity of the line
• at certain times, may be required to operate the forklift (must be certified).
• maintains a healthy and safe work area including adhering to company safety policies & procedures.
• keeps work area clean and orderly and ensures all products are in their designated areas.
• Up to 1 year of machine operator experience.
• Forklift certified driver preferred (or will be sent for certification)
• Team player.
• Ability to learn on the job.
• Follow directions well.
• Good communication skills.
• Multi tasking.
• Able to lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to withstand long periods of standing. working conditions
• This role requires standing and working in a hot, dusty and noisy environment.
• the work week is Monday to Friday, from 11:00 pm to 7:00 am (Night shift)
We are an equal opportunity employer should you require special accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know.
VIEW MORE JOBS